and social projects
and social projects
What is Sociocracy?
A quick answer to the question, What is Sociocracy? is that sociocracy is both:
- A social ideal that values equality and the rights of people to decide the conditions under which they live and work, and
- An effective method of organizing collaborative and productive organizations as associations, businesses, and governments, large and small.
Sociocracy It is a governance system designed to protect and apply the values that democracies cherish. Unlike current democracies, it is also a governance structure designed to make sure those values will be applied as equally as possible for everyone.
What is a Sociocracy management Course?
- Companies and Organizations:
Sociocracy creates more inclusive and efficient organizations and in the process, makes profit-making businesses more profitable and non-profit organizations more effective. Using consent and collaboration as a foundation for decision-making and communications, it builds a strong governance structure that extends from the mailroom to the boardroom and from the client to the funders. Using the new sciences of cybernetics, systems thinking, and complexity theory, it creates organizations that are as powerful, self-organizing, and self-correcting as the natural world.
- Neighborhood Organization:
Processes and principles from sociocracy have been used to organize neighborhoods: sociocratic elections, linked circles and grassroots power. The biggest organization of neighborhood circles is currently was organized by Father Edwin John in India: the neighborhood parliaments and the children’s parliaments having hundred thousands of members in linked (or federated) circles, empowering people to take charge of their immediate needs and resources. There are initiatives in other countries to replicate similar structures and to strengthen and revive neighborhood communities and their ability to improve their own living situation.
This movie coming soon talks about the Children Parliaments:
With Helder Valente and
Edwin Maria John
This perspective is explored by Father Edwin John, United Nations recognized leader for his work in organizing more than 100,000 "neighborhood parliaments" in southern India that use sociocracy, is coming to Greenbelt, Maryland on 4/1, on his way to participate in events at the UN.
Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/edwin.m.john.31
This is a inspiring interview Sociocracy For All did with the founder of the neighborhood and children’s parliaments, Edwin John in spring of 2017:
What kind of knowledge I will acquire?
In these course you will:
- Learn fundamental values, principles, processes, structures, and applications of sociocracy;
- Participate in a sociocratic election process;
- Explore applications relevant to your particular neighborhood and organization;
- Meet and engage with others interested in excellent governance;
- Learn how to organize circles, double link, consents and elections.
Here are 2 short videos explaining what is Sociocracy:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3zFWpntExgHere you can find many vídeos about Sociocracy: